Indians are often found to be deficient in vitamins, micro-nutrients, and proteins – but what about DHA? DHA has emerged as a front line nutrient as it plays an integral part in the development and functionality of the brain, eyes, and heart. Its supplementation is extremely important to ensure the healthy function of the brain, eyes and heart.
There is a raft of research confirming the role of DHA in memory, learning, mood, eyesight, among various other benefits – outlining DHA supplementation as an important part of maintaining healthy throughout life.
India’s are also highly deficient in vitamin D3. It is estimated that about 95% of our population is vitamin D3 deficient and many of us do not even know this. Therefore, daily vitamin D3 supplementation is extremely crucial.
OVEGHA D3 Liquid Extra Strength – is 100% vegan, high quality, pure vegan Omega-3 DHA + plant-based D3 product. It comes in a pleasant orange flavor, and offers 800mg pure DHA + 2500 I.U. D3 per serving – an adequate amount for athletes and other individuals needing a higher dose of these essential nutrients.
The DHA we use is extracted from non-genetically modified micro-algae. It is produced in a FDA inspected facility with controls in place to ensure the highest quality through all stages, right from initial algae cell cultures to highly purified oil rich in DHA.
DHA oil directly from the source, micro-algae, is completely pure and free of the various toxins that fish may carry within.
The D3 used is a plant-based D3 derived from Lichens.
Unived’s OVEGHA D3 Liquid Extra Strength is India’s only 100% vegan DHA + D3 product.
In humans, DHA can only be obtained through our diets.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an Omega-3 fatty acid. It is the most abundant fatty acid in the brain and retina. Omega has the largest effect on the brain polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) composition. Omega-3 comprises 40% of the PUFAs in the brain and 60% of the PUFAs in the retina, and DHA accounts for 97% of Omega-3 fatty acids in the brain and 93% in the retina. Almost 50% of the neuronal membranes are accounted by DHA. It is also a key component of the heart. Recent studies suggest that up to 15% of the dry weight of our brain is comprised of DHA.
DHA is one nutrient absolutely required for the development of the sensory, perceptual, cognitive, and motor neural systems during the brain growth spurt. In other words, maintaining high levels of DHA is extremely essential in promoting normal brain, eye, and heart functionality.
We use a complete plant based source of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).
- Effective in building and maintaining healthy bones
- More potent than vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol)
- Increases and facilitates intestinal calcium absorption
- Boosts production of non-collagenous proteins
- Supports immunity and protects from Influenza
- Prevents bone disorders – rickets, osteoporosis, osteomalacia
- Helps in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Beneficial in treatment of diabetes type I and II
- Known for its role in anti-cancer therapy
- Improves muscle strength and function
- Contributes to brain development
- Helps overcome depression
- Promotes cardiovascular health – helps with hypertension and heart failure treatment
- Supports respiratory system