Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root Extract contains 600mg Organic Vegan Ashwagandha standardised to >5% Withanolides by HPLC. KSM-66 is manufactured using a water-based extraction process, without the use of any alcohol or chemical solvents, based on the principles of Green Chemistry.
KSM-66 has the most extensive set of research studies and clinical trials; 22 studies – 11 published studies, 6 additional studies completed and in peer review and 5 ongoing studies. KSM-66 has 30 Quality Certifications including USP, NSF, UL-NPA, and WHO GMP, and is 100% Organic Certified by USDA and EU.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body successfully adapt to stressful conditions as it increases resistance to physical, chemical, and biological stressors, builds energy and general vitality. Ashwagandha is one of the few herbs with significant effects on both psychological and physiological aspects of human functioning.
Ashwagandha is valued for its ability to increase vitality, energy, endurance and stamina, promote longevity and strengthen the immune system without stimulating the body’s reserves1.
Suggested use: Adults take 1 capsule daily. For best results, take 1 capsule with lunch.
Why KSM-66 Ashwagandha
- Organic Ashwagandha root-only extract standardised to >5% withanolides
- Full-spectrum root extract with the highest concentration of withanolides available on the market.
- Extracted with a “Green-Chemistry” process, using no alcohol or any chemical solvent, without the inclusion of milk so it is vegan friendly.
- Contains the most clinically researched Ashwagandha having the most extensive set of research studies and clinical trials.
- Helps cope with stress, improves vitality, brain functions, sports recovery, cognitive functions and supports healthy aging.
KSM-66 Ashwagandha Clinically Validated
KSM-66 Ashwagandha has been clinically proven to:
- Help reduce stress, anxiety, cortisol levels and stress-related food cravings.
- Help promote enhanced memory and cognitive function.
- Help promote endurance, strength, muscle size and muscle recovery rate.
- Help enhance sexual performance health in both men and women, and testosterone in men.
Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha VS other Ashwagandha Products
Traditional Ashwagandha products use a combination of root & leaf extracts. Ashwagandha leaf extracts should never be consumed, they are meant for topical applications only. Traditional Ayruveda prescribes root-only for consumption, and all the major clinical trails conducted with Ashagandha are with the root-only extract.
Other brands that may offer KSM-66 do not compare for one or all of the following reasons:
- They offer a sub-optimal dose of less than the standard 600mg.
- They offer a mix of KSM-66 extract along with basic Ashwagandha powder.
- Many of them add Piperine extract with the claim that it enhances bio-availability of KSM-66, which is not true.
- Further, traditional KSM-66 is produced along with milk as an ingredient, however, the KSM-66 that Unived uses is specially manufactured without the inclusion of milk, making it Vegan.
- Many brands add silicon dioxide as a free flowing agent, or corn starch.
- Many brands use gelatin capsules.
Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha provides the clinically proven standardised 600mg per capsule, and does not contain any other ingredients, fillers, or free flowing agents. What you get is a pure Vegan KSM-66 at 600mg, and nothing else.
KSM-66 Ashwagandha Mode of Action
Clinically, it has been found that KSM-66 produces 98.9% reduction in post exercise build-up of serum creatine kinase levels indicating less degree of muscle damage. Thus, helping athletes recover after working out and during continuous activity repetition. Athletes have also observed increased cardiorespiratory endurance, improved max resistance load and muscle recovery, while also offering stress relief benefits.
- Treatment with the root extract of Ashwagandha resulted in a significantly greater increase (P <0.0001) in mean VO2max at week 8 and week 12 compared to placebo subjects1.
- Ashwagandha was shown to improve all subdomains of the QOL (physical health, psychological health, social relationships, and environmental factors) of the healthy athletic adult subjects as compared to placebo1.
- In terms of energy production, ashwagandha can have beneficial effects on mitochondrial energy levels and functioning and reduce the activity of the Mg2+ -dependent ATPase enzyme responsible for the breakdown of ATP and can increase creatine levels that can in turn lead to ATP generation.
- It has been shown that Ashwagandha increased both the red blood corpuscles (RBC) and hemoglobin count. The increase in RBC results in an increased capacity of the blood to transport oxygen directly to the exercising muscles; thus, enhancing the aerobic capacity of the athletes. These findings suggest a possible mechanism of the ergogenic effect of Ashwagandha root extract3.
- The increases in muscle strength were statistically significantly greater in the ashwagandha group than in the placebo group, for the upper body and the lower body3.
- For muscle size the increases are significantly greater in the ashwagandha group than the placebo group in the arm and chest3.
- Serum cortisol levels: a statistically significant (p<0.05) decrease of 22.2% was observed in serum cortisol (a stress hormone) levels as a result of KSM-66 Ashwagandha supplementation, significant when compared to the placebo,.
- Ashwagandha is seen as a GABA-mimetic that reduces over-excitation of neurons, thereby producing calmness, reducing stress and increasing focus, mental well-being and self-control4,5.
- Treatment with Ashwagandha can be helpful in limiting stress-associated weight gain in humans4,5.
MEMORY AND COGNITION
- Ashwagandha is seen to facilitate choline production in the body, which in turn influences key memory processes4,.
- Increased cortical muscarinic acetylcholine receptor capacity has been observed in animals and humans with extracts of ashwagandha4,6.
- Organisms which live to a very old age tend to experience low stress either due to environmental factors or due to internal resilience. The adaptogenic action of ashwagandha can promote resilience to stress and in this way indirectly promote longer life4,.
- Ashwagandha enhances telomerase activity which may be responsible for anti-aging activity and enhanced lifespan of C. Elegans4,.
- There was a 167% increase in sperm count, 53% increase in semen volume, and 57% increase in sperm motility on day 90 from baseline after ashwagandha administration.
- Treatment with the Ashwagandha root extract resulted in a highly significant (𝑃 < 0.0001) increase in sperm concentration after 90 days of therapy, as compared to the baseline value on Day 0 of the study period9.
- Serum testosterone increased significantly by 17% and LH by 34%, following treatment with Ashwagandha root extract, as compared to the baseline9.
KSM-66 Ashwagandha Benefits
- Helps to reduce stress and anxiety
- Helps to promote relaxation
- Helps to improve the quality of sleep
- Helps to reduce and maintain normal cortisol levels
- Helps in the calming-down and relaxation of the body and mind
MEMORY & COGNITION (Brain Health)
- Helps to improve memory
- Helps to improve learning (adaptation and recognition of systematicity)
- Helps to improve alertness (rapidity of recognising changes in stimuli)
- Helps to improve concentration (the ability to filter out distracting stimuli and increase performance speed)
- Helps to moderate normal symptoms of PMS
- Helps to support a healthy response to common conditions associated with menopause
SPORTS FUNCTION & ENDURANCE
- Helps to boost stamina and endurance
- Helps to increase muscle size in men
- Helps to increase muscle strength in men
- Helps to reduce body fat percentage in men
- Helps to increase the speed of muscle recovery in men
- In men, helps the body to increase and maintain healthy levels of testosterone
- Helps to enhance sports performance
- A study among older adults showed that KSM-66 significantly improved cognitive functioning, sleep quality, physical fitness and psycho-social well-being as measured by various psychometric questionnaires.
- Helps to control stress-related food cravings
- Helps to reduce and maintain healthy body weight
- Helps to improve overall body composition when used as part of a healthy diet and exercise program
- In women, helps to increase sexual arousal, orgasm and satisfaction
- In men, helps the body to increase and maintain healthy levels of testosterone
- In men, helps the body to increase sperm concentration and volume
THYROID FUNCTION SUPPORT
- Helps to normalise thyroid hormone levels
- Helps to maintain normal thyroid health
Is it any better or different from conventional Ashwagandha?
Yes. Conventional Ashwagandha is only standardized to 2.5% withanolides whereas KSM-66 is standardized to >5% withanolides. It has been extensively researched and has clinical studies performed. Conventional Ashwagandha is a root & leaf extract whereas KSM-66 is a root-only extract.
Does it have any side effects?
KSM-66 Ashwagandha has been tested for toxicology and is proven safe for human consumption. KSM-66 is the most researched Ashwagandha extract in the World, and is absolutely save for human consumption with no known side-effects.
Will Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha make me anxious or cause lack of sleep if taken before bed?
No. Ashwagandha works differently on different people. It can be consumed after the meals. It is said that when you take ashwagandha in the morning, it gives you energy to run a marathon, and when you take it in the night, it puts you to sleep like that of a calming baby. This is what is called the state of homeostasis or equilibrium. This is why it is called an adaptogenic herb.
Is it recommended for Athletic individuals?
Yes. Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha will help decrease the degree of muscle damage, help increase their oxygen intake capacity and reduce fatigue, will help in recovery and increasing muscle size and helps improve overall performance.
Is it necessary for a healthy adult to consume Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha?
An adult goes through various situations which makes them deal with physical or emotional stress. Taking Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha will help them cope with it better keeping them calm and provide energy that will help them take a rational approach towards life.
Will Unived’s KSM-66 Ashwagandha treat memory loss in aging individuals or prevent aging completely?
This product is not intended to treat any disease and aging is a natural phenomenon nothing can stop it. However it can help one age gracefully and delay early loss of brain functions.
 Bakhtiar Choudhary, et. al., ‘Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [L.] Dunal) in improving cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy athletic adults’, AYU (An International Quarterly Journal of Research in Ayurveda), 2015.
 ‘Ingredient Overview: highly bioavailable, clinically effective, sustainably produced.’ www.ashwagandhaadvantage.com
 Sachin Wankhede, et. al., ‘Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial’ Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, (2015).
 ‘Ksm-66® ashwagandha / scientific studies: highly bioavailable, clinically effective, sustainably produced.’ www.ashwagandhaadvantage.com
 Dnyanraj Choudhary, et. al., ‘Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial’ Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine 2017, Vol. 22(1).
 Dnyanraj Choudhary, et. al.,‘Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions’, Journal of Dietary Supplements, Volume- 14 issue- 6, 2017.
 Ranjeet Kumar, Et. Al., ‘Withania Somnifera Root Extract Extends Lifespan Of Caenorhabditis Elegans’, Annals Of Neurosciences Volume 20 Number 1 January 2013
 Raguraman V. and Subramaniam J.R. ‘Withania somnifera Root Extract Enhances Telomerase’, Activity in the Human HeLa Cell Line’, Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, 7, (2016) 199-204.
 Vijay R. Ambiye, et., al., “Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Volume 2013, Article ID 571420