Our love for food brought us across the Spanish proverb “The belly rules the mind”. That inspired us to create a beautiful brew to keep our insides detoxed, our food digested, and our stomach happy – so we can continue to romance good food for many years to come. If you share our love for food, you will enjoy this tea. Bon appétit!
Digestea aids digestion and cleanses with detoxification.
- Digestea offers standardized extracts of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula, Embilica officinalis Triphala) and Senna alexandrina (Senna) combined with a propriety blend of high grown Nilgiri and Assam tea.
- Each box of Digestea contains 30 high end double chambered tea bags
- Manufactured under strict quality control and safety standards at a facility registered with the USFDA.
- Digestea is registered by the Vegan Society – UK and is appropriate for Jains and vegans.
Digestea, with its standardized phytochemical extracts of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula, Embilica officinalis (Triphala) and Senna alexandrina (Senna) is immensely beneficial for individuals with digestive troubles, acidity and constipation. It also strengthens your immunity and rids you from toxic impurities with its detoxifying characteristics.
Digestea contains appropriate dosages of each of its constituent herbs which combine to impact multiple aspects of your digestive health and cleanse out the toxins from within your body you from within.
Digestea purity factor
Unived’s Digestea is a 100% natural and vegan/vegetarian and it is registered by the Vegan Society – UK.
It’s free from impurities and has no wheat gluten, soy protein, milk/dairy, corn, starch, sugar, sodium, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavoring.
- Digestea has the highest quality water soluble phytochemical extracts which offer much greater bio-efficacy and bio-availability.
- Extracts also eliminate the presence of pathogens, and deliver the specific active herbal ingredients that your body requires.
- The herbal extraction process takes place in leading FDA approved state-of-the-art extraction units that ensure quality and consistency in every batch.
- Our teas are blended in at a US FDA approved tea house to ensure a quality blend, consistent taste, and production under the highest safety standards.
Each Digestea tea bag is a blend of standardized herbs and offers therapeutic dosages of Triphala and Senna, truly cleansing your body and giving you a great result.
One cup of Digestea every night will bring ease to your digestive system, detoxify you, and relieve acidity and discomfort. Digestea has no known side-effects and can be consumed on a continual basis. Each box contains 30 double chambered tea bags.
Dip your Digestea tea bag in a cup of hot water. Steep for 2-3 minutes, allowing the tea to soak and the extracts to dissolve. The longer you steep the stronger the tea. Be careful not to steep over 4 minutes- else the tea will become bitter.
What is Digestea
Unived’s Digestea is infused with the choicest and well researched herbs which are concocted into a healthy and enjoyable blend of herbs. Digestea will bring ease to your digestive system, detoxify you, and relieve acidity and other gastrointestinal troubles. Standardized extracts of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula, Embilica officinalis (Triphala) and Senna alexandrina (Senna)are blended along with a fine mix of Nilgiri and Assam tea.
Triphala is a proportionate combination of the herbs of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula and Embilica officinalis.
- It is an effective remedy for constipation, cleanses the gastrointestinal tract and detoxifies the whole body and improves digestion and assimilation.
- Triphala has tissue strengthening and anti-aging mechanism and promotes health and immunity. It is also used as an antihepatotoxic (liver protective) agent.
- It exhibits antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and anti-allergic properties.
- Research indicates that Triphala can be a good laxative, help in managing hyperacidity and also improve appetite. Triphala can be useful in treating constipation and other gastric problems.
- An important function of Triphala is detoxification. It cleanses your GI tract and detoxifies the whole body by getting rid of the toxins and undigested foods. Each of the fruits of Triphala helps with individual digestion problems but work together to cleanse and strengthen the stomach.
The advantageous medicinal impacts of Senna have been extensively studied and its characteristics, mechanism, pharmacokinetics etc. are widely accepted in ancient as well as modern medicine.
- It was first used medicinally by Arabian physicians as far back as the 9th century A.D. It has long found use in traditional Arabic and European medicine, primarily as a cathartic.
- It is an FDA approved non-prescription drug and is popularly used for constipation.
- The laxative property of Senna is based on two glycosides viz. sennoside A and sennoside B.
- Sennosides aggravate the lining in the large intestines resulting to peristaltic action or the contraction of the intestinal muscles and eventually leading to exodus of the bowels.
- Senna usually produces its characteristic action in 8-10 hours. Hence, its use at night is recommended. Sennosides relieve severe constipation. The sennosides soften the stool, increase colonic transit rate and colonic peristalsis and do not alter the routine defecation time pattern.
In his book ‘The Importance of Living’ Lin Yutang says ‘Happiness for me is largely a matter of digestion‘. At Unived, we prescribe to this view, a 100%. That is why Unived’s Digestea has phytochemical extracts that provide a significant boost to your digestion and cleanse your body from within with its detoxifying impact. So that happiness is as accessible to you as a cup of tea.
Several health complaints that plague you as an ageing adult – from impaired immunity to abdominal distress and nutritional deficiencies – can be traced to poor digestive health. Your digestion usually becomes slow and arduous as you gain in years.
- You are more likely to suffer from constipation and indigestion as you age. Among most people in their 60s and 70s, change in bowel habits and mostly constipation are frequently observed.
- Like other systems, the rate of new cell growth declines and tissues become more susceptible to damage.
- The increased medicinal intake in old age can also be problematic for your digestion.
- There is an age-related decline in the digestive enzymes necessary for the absorption of essential nutrients from your food. So food passes through your GI tract without giving you its beneficial nutrients. Poor nutrition is a precursor to numerous diseases and deficiencies.
- Digestea is good for your stomach. It aids digestion and helps to flush out the toxins and maintain a healthy digestive tract with its detoxifying effect.
- Its mild laxative and stool softening effect and property to induce peristaltic action averts constipation and improves your bowel movements.
- It relieves gas, prevents ageing from damaging your digestive health and promotes health and immunity. It is safe for long term use and has no known side-effects.
Women are more likely than men to report a digestive condition, particularly non-ulcer dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Women are also more prone to constipation and bloating, owing to anatomical and hormonal factors.
- Maturing women tend to be more susceptible to GI problems, especially if they have used oral contraceptives.
- Digestea is beneficial for women who are troubled by gastrointestinal troubles as it can improve digestion, relieve gas and facilitate your bowel movement and consistency.
- Digestea induces a synergistic effect of its constituent phytochemicals to cleanse and strengthen your stomach, and flush out the toxins and clear out the undigested food.
We live in a world full of toxins. Every time you eat, breathe, take a sip of water, or put some lotion on, several toxins find their way into your blood stream. Once these toxic elements enter you blood stream, they accumulate in your body and gradually spoil the balance of your health. Toxic elements enter your blood stream through several channels. They accumulate in your body and gradually spoil the balance of your health.
- Toxins not only threaten your own well-being but are also capable of affecting your infant even before he/she is born as they pass from a mother to the child in her womb.
- Every toxin that your body comes into contact with, are filtered through the liver. That makes your liver susceptible to clogging, which results into fatigue and low energy.
- This especially affects women who undergo troubles such as PMS, menopausal symptoms, low sex drive and overall lethargy.
- Detoxification is especially important for your colon and your liver as these bear a major responsibility of cleansing your body.
- However it is impossible to avoid toxins since they are everywhere around us. That is why detoxification is the need of the hour.
- When you cleanse these toxins from your body, efficient functioning and vitality are restored. Herbal ingredients are among the best detoxifying agents since completely natural products work by supporting the body’s own detoxification abilities.
Digestea contains phytochemical extracts that pose a detoxifying and rejuvenating impact. They cleanse and tone the GI tact and detoxify the entire body. Their hepatoprotective and immune strengthening properties are upheld by scientific research publications.
What is Digestea?
Digestea is a health tea from Unived, for improving your digestion and detoxifying your entire body from within. It contains standardized herbal extracts of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula, Embilica officinalis (Triphala) and Senna alexandrina (Senna), which have excellent remedial properties for your digestive health and help cleanse your internal body and get rid of all the toxins in your body.
What herbs does Digestea contain?
Digestea contains standardized herbal extracts of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula, Embilica officinalis (Triphala) and Senna alexandrina (Senna).
A proportionate combination of the fruits of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula, Embilica officinalis or Tripahala, improves your digestion, cleanses your GI tract, reduces gas and maintains consistency and frequency of stool.
Senna alexandrina (Senna) is known for its purgative impact and is mainly used to treat constipation.
What are the benefits of Digestea?
The combined ‘clean up’ effect of Digestea exerts a significant effect on your health. The reason is that it improves your digestion and cleanses your body from within. The herbal extracts of senna and triphala are extremely beneficial for your health as they can improve digestion, relieve constipation, purify blood, detoxify and rejuvenate.
What are the side-effects?
Digestea has no known side-effects and is safe for long term consumption.
Why do I need detoxification?
We live in a world full of toxins. Through the various components of our life we are constantly exposed to toxins. We consume food that contains animal fat, preservatives and harmful chemicals. Toxins are also in the air we breathe, water, a lot of commodities like make-up, soap, tooth paste etc. which we use on a daily basis. These toxins may have dire effect on your health from indigestions, liver dysfunction and fatigue to heart trouble. That is why, it is important that we clear off these toxins accumulating within our body.
What is detoxification?
Detoxification is the process of cleansing your body and purifying your blood to get rid of the toxins accumulating in your body. The liver and the colon are the organs that are primarily responsible for the natural cleansing of your body. A detoxification process will purify the toxins accumulated in your organs and blood and support your body’s natural cleaning process.
Is Digestea good for detoxification?
Digestea contains triphala the cleansing action of which detoxifies your entire body from within. The extracts of this herb contain a combination of the three fruits of Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula, Embilica officinalis which impart a cumulative detoxification action. It cleanses your GI tract and purifies your blood, flushes out the toxins from your entire body.
Who should take it?
Digestea is useful for any individual for improving digestion and cleansing the entire body from within. It is specifically useful for:
Ageing Individuals: Digestea impacts your digestion with its cleansing and cathartic action. Ageing individuals are benefited by its digestion enhancing properties since they face many digestive problems due to ageing related deterioration, side effects of increased medical intake. Digestea also relieves you of constipation, flatulence and other GI problems.
Women are more prone to suffer from gastrointestinal related problems due to hormonal factors. They are also more vulnerable to suffering from constipation and flatulence. Digestea exerts a mildly laxative effect and purgative action to soften your stool and relieve you of constipation.
How long do I have to consume Digestea to begin experiencing its results?
One cup of Digestea at night everyday will relieve you of your digestive troubles and cleanse your stomach from toxins and undigested food. Have a cup every day for a composed digestive system in the long term.
1. Nadkarni (1976) in Pulok KM et al, ‘Clinical Study of Triphala, a well-known phytomedicine from India, International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, Jan 2006, vol.5 (1), pg. 51-54.
2. Sumathi P & Parvathi A., ‘Antibacterial potential of the three medicinal fruits used in Triphala: An Ayurvedic formulation’, Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, Aug 2010, vol. 4(16), pg. 1682-5.
3. Bibhabasu H et al, ‘Comparative study of the antioxidant and reactive oxygen species scavenging properties in the extracts of the fruits of Terminalia chebula, Terminalia belerica and Emblica officinalis’, BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine May 2010, 10:20.
4. Singh et al., 2003 in Sonkar R & Mishra RN, ‘Immunomodulatory Activity of Triphala Megatext’ , International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, Apr-Jun 2011, vol. 2(2), pg. 575-8.
5. Pulok KM et al, ‘Clinical Study of Triphala, a well-known phytomedicine from India’, International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, Jan 2006, Vol.5 (1), pg. 51-54.
6. Matthew Solan, ‘Cleanse your Body’, Natural Health Magazine, www.naturalhealthmag.com.
7. TL Stephan Raj, ‘RAPD – PCR fingerprint analysis of Cassia angustifolia Vahl. in Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu’, International Journal of Biological Technology, 2011, vol. 2(3), pg. 17-20.
8. Upadhyay et al., ‘Sennoside contents in Senna (Cassia angustifoliaVahl.) as influenced by date of leaf picking, packaging material and storage period’, Journal of Stored Products and Postharvest Research, 2011, vol. 2(5), pg. 97-103.
9. Dr. Paul Blake, ‘Senna cassia acutifolia’, The Natural Path Botanicals, www.theherbprof.com.
10. Vijay Aggrawal &Meenakshi Bajpai, ‘Sennoside contents in Senna (Cassia angustifolia Vahl.) as influenced by date of leaf picking, packaging material and storage period’, Journal of Stored Products and Postharvest Research, 2011, vol. 2(5), pg. 97-103.
11. Brenda Conaway, ‘Aging and Digestive Health’, Digestive Disorders Health Center, WebMD, www.webmd.com.
12. Lane Lenard PhD, ‘Optimizing Digestive Health (And Why Most Probiotics Fail to Work)’, Life Extension Magazine, Jan 2009.
13. ‘Gastric Ulcer, In-Depth Report’, Health Guide, The New York Times, www.nytimes.com.
14. Anna Hodgekiss – interview with Dr. R Chutkan, Gastroenterologist, ‘It’s true: Women DO get more bloated than men – mainly because they have longer intestines’, Health, Daily Mail, UK, 9 October 2013, www.dailymail.co.uk.
15. Environmental Working Group, ‘Body Burden: The Pollution in Newborns’, 14 Jul 2005, www.ewg.org.
16. Ryan Harrison, MA, BCIH, ‘Natural Body Detoxification’.