Unived’s De-Stress is made of KSM-66® Ashwagandha Root Extract 600mg (Organic Vegan Ashwagandha) standardised to >5% Withanolides, Green Tea Extract standardized to L-theanine 200mg and 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan 50mg from Griffonia Extract . Stress causes systemic elevation of stress hormones such as cortisol, and chronic elevation of these hormones leads to increased visceral adiposity and other metabolic syndrome. It also reduces the levels of the happy hormone serotonin.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body successfully adapt to stressful conditions as it increases resistance to physical, chemical, and biological stressors, builds energy and general vitality given that L-theanine is a phytochemical ingested in daily life, it has the potential to become a nutraceutical ingredient that mitigates and prevents stress-related psychic confusion in modern society. 5-HTP acts primarily by increasing levels of serotonin within the central nervous system. Unived’s De-Stress blend can be taken to relax and calm down so one is in a better position of dealing with daily stress of life.
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT AND WHY?
Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, or nervous. Stress is your body’s reaction to a challenge or demand. Chronic stress has been associated with a number of illnesses, including obesity. The exacerbation of negative mood in response to external stress elements is highly correlated with increased food intake, and chronic stress is also associated with reduced physical activity. Both these behaviors may have a significant impact on body weight.
Your body reacts to stress by releasing hormones. These hormones make your brain more alert, cause your muscles to tense, and increase your pulse. In the short term, these reactions are good but when you have chronic stress, over time, this puts you at risk for health problems, including: High blood pressure, Heart disease, Diabetes, Obesity, Depression or anxiety, Skin problems, such as acne or eczema, menstrual problems, hair loss etc.
In today’s world every healthy adult whether a student, or a working professional, managing business, home or kids should consider Unived’s De-Stress to save oneself from chronic stress and the harmful effects of it.
MODE OF ACTION
KSM-66: Ashwagandha is one of the few herbs with significant effects on both psychological and physiological aspects of human functioning. KSM-66 is manufactured using a water-based extraction process, without the use of any alcohol or chemical solvents, based on the principles of Green Chemistry.
KSM-66 has the most extensive set of research studies and clinical trials; 22 studies – 11 published studies, 6 additional studies completed and in peer review and 5 ongoing studies. KSM-66 has 30 Quality Certifications including USP, NSF, UL-NPA, and WHO GMP, and is 100% Organic Certified by USDA and EU.
- Serum cortisol levels: a statistically significant (p<0.05) decrease of 22.2% was observed in serum cortisol (a stress hormone) levels as a result of KSM-66 Ashwagandha supplementation, significant when compared to the placebo[iii],[iv].
- Ashwagandha is seen as a GABA-mimetic that reduces over-excitation of neurons, thereby producing calmness, reducing stress and increasing focus, mental well-being and self-control33,4.
- Treatment with Ashwagandha can be helpful in limiting stress-associated weight gain in humans3,4.
L-theanine: L-Theanine is a unique non-proteinic amino acid that has been reported with predominant therapeutic values present almost exclusively in the tea plant (Camellia sinensis).
- The relaxing effects of tea consumption have been known for decades; however, the modern neuropharmacological science has demonstrated that an active constituent of tea, called L-theanine (gamma glutamylethylamide) has modulatory effects on the brain state[v].
- It has been shown to regulate oscillatory brain activities in humans with an ability to pass through the blood–brain barrier during cognitive task execution and electroencephalographic (EEG) transcriptions and is believed to cause a relaxation effect5.
- L-theanine has been proposed as a neuroprotective and cognitive-enhancing agent[vi].
- Peripherally and centrally administered L-theanine has been reported to act on the brain, to modulate monoamine levels in the central nervous system, and glutamate and glycine neurotransmissions6.
- In the brain L-theanine increases dopamine and serotonin production[vii]
- Regardless of the mechanism, theanine increases alpha-brain wave activity, a sign of induced relaxation7.
5-Hydroxy Tryptophan: is the intermediate metabolite of the amino acid L-tryptophan (LT) in the serotonin pathway[viii].
- A study demonstrated that cortisol induces an increase in the expression of the gene coding for the serotonin transporter, associated with a subsequent elevation in the uptake of serotonin[ix].
- A significant increase in serotonin uptake (137%114,M1SD) was observed in the control group, whereas neither the generalized anxiety disorder nor the major depression group exhibited changes in serotonin up take upon incubation with cortisol9.
- It is likely that under chronic stress or depression, the capacity for increase in serotonin transporter has reached its limit due to the chronically elevated blood cortisol level. Thus there is reduced supply of serotonin in presence of cortisol9.
- Since 5-HTP is involved in the pathway that synthesizes serotonin, it helps maintain increased concentrations of the neurotransmitter at the synaptic cleft.
 Bakhtiar Choudhary, et. al., ‘Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [L.] Dunal) in improving cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy athletic adults’, AYU (An International Quarterly Journal of Research in Ayurveda), 2015.
 ‘Ingredient Overview: highly bioavailable, clinically effective, sustainably produced.’ www.ashwagandhaadvantage.com
 ‘Ksm-66® ashwagandha / scientific studies: highly bioavailable, clinically effective, sustainably produced.’ www.ashwagandhaadvantage.com
 Dnyanraj Choudhary, et. al., ‘Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial’ Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine 2017, Vol. 22(1).
 Akiko higashiyama, et. al., “Effects of L-theanine on attention and reaction time response”, Journal of functional foods 3 (2011) 171–178, 2011 elsevier ltd.
 Shinsuke Hidese, et. al., “Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial”, Nutrients 2019, 11, 2362
 “Monograph: L-Theanine”, Alternative Medicine Review. Volume 10, Number 2, 2005
 “Monograph: 5-Hydroxytryptophan”, Alternative Medicine Review Monographs Copyright© 2002 Thorne Research, Inc. All rights reserved. Alternative Medicine Review Monographs
 Victor P. Idoyaga-Vargas et. al., “Correlation between cortisol level and serotonin uptake in patients with chronic stress and depression”, Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience 2001, 1 (4), 388-393