Unived’s Curcumin Capsules CURCU-FREE translates to ‘curcumin-free’, conveying exactly what this product does, which is delivering the highest amount of ‘free curcuminoids’ into the blood-stream plasma & organ tissue, more than any other curcumin extract on the market.
The curcumin we use for Curcumin Capsules (CurQfen®) is a GREEN non-nano formulation, manufactured via a water based process with no synthetic emulsifiers – based on a green delivery technique (FenuMATTM).
CurQfen® is a 100% natural formulation of curcumin for enhanced absorption and systemic bioavailability upon oral administration. It is a patented ingredient developed using an in-house GREEN technology – FenuMATTM. CurQfen® is a unique combination of turmeric extract and debitterized fenugreek powder rich in soluble dietary fibre, formulated by a water-based process.
Uniqueness of CurQfen® lies in its ‘free’ curcuminoids delivery, blood-brain-barrier permeability, longer half-life elimination and significant bioavailability at a low dosage. The strong scientific background gives CurQfen® an upper hand over other competitor products.
CurQfen® is better than conventional curcumin extract because of its unique 100% natural formulation and better bioavailability of bioactive free curcuminoids over the glucuronide metabolites of curcumin, which are shown to have relatively weak antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative activates. The conventional curcumin extract does not stay in the body in bioactive form, as it undergoes glucuronidation. It stays in the body for a very short period and thus has a very poor absorption.
Various human studies have also demonstrated ‘free’ curcuminoids bioavailability (45.5-fold), pharmacokinetics, relative distribution of ‘free’ curcuminoids (>70%).
Working mechanism of CurQfen®
CurQfen is a water dispersible formulation of curcumin with highly mucoadhesive and gastro retentive and non-digestible, but fermentable prebiotic galacatomannans from fenugreek. Upon swelling in the gastrointestinal tract, colloidal and amorphous particles of curcumin leaches from the network and absorbed directly absorbed from the intestinal tract by crossing the membrane. High mucoadhesive character, water miscibility and small particle size provides better membrane permeability than the standard crystalline curcumin.
Clinically substantiated claims of CurQfen® are:
- Provides enhanced bioavailability and absorption of bioactive curcuminoids
- Enhanced bioavailability of ‘free’ (unconjugated) curcuminoids for better bioactivity
- Provides enhanced absorption and tissue distribution of curcuminoids
- Provides longer duration and elimination half-life
- Improved blood-brain-barrier permeability &brain bioavailability
- Helps to reduce aortic stiffness and brachial pulse pressure
- Helps to reduce cardiovascular disease risk
- Helps to maintain healthy aortic stiffness in obese people
- Helps to enhance anti-inflammatory cytokines
- Supports optimum brain health
- Helps to reduce stress/anxiety/fatigue
- Supports healthy antioxidant balance
- Supports detoxification
- Helps to maintain healthy glutathione levels
- Helps to maintain healthy inflammatory levels by reducing inflammatory markers
- Helps to reduce alcohol mediated liver damage
- Hepatoprotective and supports healthy liver function markers
Combination of CurQfen® + Longperin™
Longperin™ is standardised to have 10% piperine content. Piperine isolated from black pepper at a particular dosage was shown to enhance the bioavailability. So, addition of Longperin at a suitable concentration may enhance the bioavailability of curcuminoids. Long pepper is also an important Ayurvedic herb with antioxidant, detoxification and anticancer potential as shown by published studies.
We recommend consuming one capsule daily along with your meal.