Unived’s Curcumin Capsules CURCU-FREE translates to ‘curcumin-free’, conveying exactly what this product does, which is delivering the highest amount of ‘free curcuminoids’ into the blood-stream plasma & organ tissue, more than any other curcumin extract on the market. CURCU-FREE contains CurQ® which has proven health benefits like antiinflammation, lowering homocysteine levels and maintaining good heart health, protection against neuronal damage and learning and memory errors, helps reverse alcohol induced liver damage and helps maintain healthy lipid profile along with all the benefits of curcuminoids from conventional turmeric extract with an impact of 45.5 folds more than conventional turmeric extract. It is packed with Longperin™ providing 10% piperine which is also has antioxidant, detoxification and anticancer potential as shown by published studies.
Curcu-Free can be consumed by everybody for varied purposes, some would like to incorporate this product just as a natural antioxidant to enhance immunity, some would use it to reduce the effect of inflammation, and others might consider it to reverse the effect of alcohol consumption damage. Curcu-free is a versatile product which one can add to their daily regimen for various benefits without worrying about any side effects as the product is natural and vegan friendly.
WHAT IS INSIDE UNIVED’S CURCU-FREE?
CurQfen® is a 100% natural, GREEN non-nano formulation of curcumin for enhanced absorption and systemic bioavailability upon oral administration. It is a patented ingredient developed using an in-house GREEN technology – FenuMATTM. CurQfen® is a unique combination of turmeric extract and debitterized fenugreek powder rich in soluble dietary fibre, formulated by a water-based process.
Uniqueness of CurQfen® lies in its ‘free’ curcuminoids delivery, blood-brain-barrier permeability, longer half-life elimination and significant bioavailability at a low dosage. Curcuminoids in the free unconjugated form possess better antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative, neuroprotective, anti- amyloidic and neurogenesis potential. The strong scientific background gives CurQfen® an upper hand over other competitor products.
WHY IS UNIVED’S CURCU-FREE BETTER?
CURCU-FREE contains CurQfen® which is better than conventional curcumin extract because of it’s;
- Unique 100% natural formulation
- Better bioavailability of bioactive free curcuminoids over the glucuronide metabolites of curcumin, which are shown to have relatively weak antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative activates.
- It is bioactive: The conventional curcumin extract does not stay in the body in bioactive form, as it undergoes glucuronidation.
- Longer halflife: Curcuminoids, namely curcumin, demethoxycurcumin (DMC) and bisdemethoxycurcumin (BDMC) has revealed the properties such as poor water solubility, hydrophobicity, and instability under varying pH conditions of the gastrointestinal tract as the main reasons for its poor bioavailability2. Thus conventional turmeric extract stays in the body for a very short period and thus has a very poor absorption.
- Various human studies have also demonstrated ‘free’ curcuminoids bioavailability (45.5-fold), pharmacokinetics, relative distribution of ‘free’ curcuminoids (>70%).
WORKING MECHANISM OF CURCU-FREE
CurQfen is a water dispersible formulation of curcumin with highly mucoadhesive and gastro retentive and non-digestible, but fermentable prebiotic galacatomannans from fenugreek.
The functionalities of fenugreek soluble fiber/protein composite, such as high swelling index in water, gel-like character and gummy nature, helped to establish a strong binding of colloidal curcumin in the fiber network, providing a microencapsulation effect which provided protection against rapid metabolism during gastrointestinal transit1.
Upon swelling in the gastrointestinal tract, colloidal and amorphous particles of curcumin leaches from the network and directly absorbed from the intestinal tract by crossing the membrane. High mucoadhesive character, water miscibility and small particle size provides better membrane permeability than the standard crystalline curcumin.
Clinically substantiated claims of CurQfen® are:
- Provides enhanced bioavailability and absorption and tissue distribution of bioactive curcuminoids:
- CGM was found to deliver significantly high levels of plasma curcumin as compared to the standard unformulated curcumin when supplemented at 250 mg kg−1 b.wt in Wistar rats and 250 mg in humans1.
- Consumption of food/ beverages containing CGM was found to significantly enhance the plasma curcuminoid levels, as compared to standard curcumin with 95% purity, when administered as 1000 mg capsules1.
- After a single dose of 500 mg oral administration of CGM, the plasma levels of free curcuminoids were found to be significantly high at all the time points, when the absorption from standard curcumin was compared. 
- Curcuminoids in the unconjugated form were shown to possess better antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative, neuroprotective, antiamyloidic, and antineuroinflammatory potential. 3
- The results indicated a better absorption for Curcumin followed by DMC and BDMC with a relative enhancement of 45.5-folds in the total free curcuminoids plasma bioavailability for CGM as compared to the same dose of standard curcumin2.
- Provides longer duration and elimination half-life:
- The absorbed curcuminoids from CGM was found to stay in the blood for a longer duration2.
- Plasma concentration was continued at greater than 100 nM level for 12 h, leading to the conclusion that higher plasma curcumin concentrations for longer duration can be observed even with low doses of CGM2.
- Improved blood-brain-barrier permeability & brain bioavailability:
- ‘CGM’ has reported to exhibit improved BBB permeability and tissue distribution of all the three free curcuminoids (curcumin, DMC and BDMC)2.
- Only the free form of curcumin was reported to have significant lipophilicity and ability to interact with the lipid head groups and thiols in membranes to induce BBB permeability2
 Vijayasteltar B. Liju, et. al, ‘Enhanced bioavailability and safety of curcumagalactomannosides as a dietary ingredient’, The Royal Society of Chemistry 2014
 Dinesh Kumar, et. al., ‘Enhanced bioavailability and relative distribution of free (unconjugated) curcuminoids following the oral administration of a food-grade formulation with fenugreek dietary fibre: A randomised double-blind crossover study’, Elsevier Ltd. 2016
 Subash Pandaran Sudheeran, MSc, et. al., ‘Safety, Tolerance, and Enhanced Efficacy of a Bioavailable Formulation of Curcumin With Fenugreek Dietary Fiber on Occupational Stress A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study’, Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. 2016
 Marilyn S. Campbell, et. al., “Influence of enhanced bioavailable curcumin on obesity-associated cardiovascular disease risk factors and arterial function: A double blinded, randomized, controlled trial”, Fleenor Applied nutritional investigation, 0899-9007/© 2019 Elsevier Inc.
 Sangeeth Saji, et. al., ‘Curcumin–galactomannoside complex inhibits pathogenesis in Ox‑LDL‑challenged human peripheral blood mononuclear cells’, Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018.
 Sibi P Ittiyavirah, Hema S, “Ameliorating demyelination effect of curqfen® in cuprizone induced mice model of multiple sclerosis”, Volume 7 Issue 1 – 2019 Pharm Pharmacol Int J.;7(1):17‒20
 Naveen T. Krishnareddy, et. al., “A Novel Curcumin-Galactomannoside Complex Delivery System Improves Hepatic Function Markers in Chronic Alcoholics: A Double-Blinded, randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study”, Hindawi, BioMed Research International Volume 2018