Protein shakes are easy enough to whip up, but if you are vegan and you want a protein-packed smoothie after a workout or for a hearty breakfast, you might be wondering where to find the best sources of this macronutrient. The answer is in the right seeds, nuts, protein-rich fruits and vegetables, and vegan protein powders.
This recipe is for those that love coconut! As you might be aware, coconut is high in dietary fibre and helps boost immunity. We combined unsweetened coconut flakes, coconut oil, and coconut milk to make this vegan smoothie that will make you love coconut even more! Start your morning on right foot with our Coconut Espresso Protein Smoothie packed with 25g of LEAN Pea Protein (Vanilla Espresso).
- 2 tbsp fresh unsweetened coconut flakes (save some for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds (can substitute to chia seeds)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 scoop LEAN Pea Protein (Vanilla Espresso)
- 350ml coconut milk
- 3-5 ice cubes (depending on how thick you want it)
- raw cacao nibs for garnishing
Blend all the ingredients in a blender. Garnish with fresh coconut flakes and raw cacao nibs. This ultra-smooth and creamy smoothie is a yummy treat for when you need that little extra boost in the morning. It is also perfect for the dreaded afternoon slump. Enjoy!