Birthday: December 25
Current Location: Surat – India
Connect with Sandeep on:
For me running was like thrill giving in adolescent. I use to chase everything while running like catching bus and train, chasing sugarcane trolley for super sweet northern Indian sugarcanes, testing myself with pets, challenging friends on a bet, playing football and competing myself on a loop of village farm trail every morning. Wasn’t that dead serious on those days.Then started running in college days to distress from burden of books. Lately running being part of X-fit & HIIT regime, got infected with the peace it started giving. And finally when entered in the field of full-time engineering job it became an inseparable part of my morning rituals to stay mentally and physically fit. In no time this compulsion became obsession and i started racing after sufficient amount of quality training.
As an Athlete:
1. Trail World Championship 2019, Portugal– Ranked 43rd in open race category, 4th among Indians
2. Boston Marathon 2019– 02:55
3. Hell Ultra, Rohtang Epic 50k– Winner
4. Mahableshwar Endurathon 75k– Winner
5. Lonavala Varsha Ultra 50k– Winner
6. Chambal Challenge 33k– Winner (Course Record)
As a Coach:
1. Pursued and topped in CECS Level-1 global coaches program sponsored and conducted by AFI and IAAF.
2. Finding, supporting & training young athletes at grass root level in association with Surat District Athletic Association and AFI.
3. Successfully conducted Ultra Trail Training Camp at Solang with good outcome of 8 podiums (Debutant Nupur Singh- 60k Winner, Nishu and Vishal- 30k Runner Up)
As a Race Organiser:
1. Deccan Ultra & The Coffee Trails Coorg- Successfully organised.
2. Bir Biling Marathon, Mt. Triund, Dharamshala & Quartz Run, Surat- With Route recce and race planning over now will get launch by 10th Nov. 2019
Up Close, and Personal
To me, sport is…
to make me feel alive and complete. It defines and characterise me. Sport is an attitude, I wear it.
On a typical training day, I do
I do: warm up run, strength/recovery routine/yoga or run-fast/medium/easy.
I eat: fresh fruits and veggies, nuts, soy, pea protein, multigrains.
I wear: shoes without socks, shorts and prefer not wear a tee when in nature and lot of cool mindset.
I listen to: self
I recover by: yoga, swimming, mobility, sleep, nutritious yummy food (lemon is my favourite).
I cross-train by: cycling, beach running, swimming, core workout and yoga.
My idea of an effective weight training session is
Getting ready for the next major session and keeping me aligned with ultimate goal.
The moment when I discovered my athletic potential was
On one sleepless night of a weekday woke up 2 a.m and ran 64km without any previous experience of more than a HM distance & hydration-fuel backup and next day I was there at the beach to enjoy high intensity training session with my group members. (fool and innocent I was)
The three biggest lessons I have learnt so far in my athletic career is
1. Running is a lifelong activity. Have long term vision. It’s never do or die.
2. Stick to the basics of training.
3. Stay natural and wild as much as you can. Be minimalist to be maximalist.
Before a big race, I tell myself
Come on man! Let’s enjoy the race to the fullest. As the kms pass the meaning of this slogan changes drastically. Usually I prefer to be lightheaded.
The toughest race of my life was
Surat Night Marathon 2015.
The most memorable moment of my sporting career so far
Race against time to finish under 08:24:00 at Comrades Ultra 2017 finish line.
My training sanctuary is
canal side trails, farms, deserted beach, grass turf and traffic & pollution free roads in the outskirts of the city.
My dream starting line is
LA Ultra, UTMB, Bad Water, IAU Trail world Championship and Boston Marathon.
I nourish my soul with
coaching, motivating and helping youngsters, trekking and camping.
Unived helps me by…
Unived Gels: keep me strong during race with sustainable energy and balanced electrolytes.
Organic Pea Protein Raw: takes care of my recovery without any residues trapped in my body.
In 2020, I am setting my sights on…
1) IAU 100k World Championship, Netherlands- Top 30/sub 07:25
2) Ortler Sky Trail Ultra- Top 15
3) Comrades Ultra Marathon 90.1k down run- Sub 06:45
4) La Ultra 111k- Overall Win
5) Budha Trails 65k sky race- Win
6) Chicago Marathon- Sub 02:40
1) IAU 100k World Championship, Netherlands
2) Ortler Sky Trail Ultra
3) Comrades Ultra Marathon 90.1k down run
4) La Ultra 111k
5) Budha Trails 65k sky race
6) Chicago Marathon
7) UTMB OCC
8) Tata Mumbai Marathon
9) Chambal Challange, Kota 84k
10) Garhwal Endurance Races 80k
I have chosen to associate with Unived because…
Genuine and trustworthy nutrition brand and like minded athletes where sport and well being of society is prime focus. Unived products are from natural sources like plants and herbs which are good to endurance athletes.